What fun we had today at the beach.....It was a beautiful day. Gentle breeze. Woke up at 5:30 and had some time to myself before anyone else got up. Had breakfast made and the few last things that needed to be done before we left for the trip by 7:00 before everyone got up. The ocean was just breath taking.....It was high tide, and the current was strong so the waves had huge white caps on them and crashed as they hit the rocks farther out. As the tide became low, we were able to walk out on the sand bar to "Fox Island". What a unique experience that was and how cool to see the other side of the ocean. There was a light house in the distance and at one point a sailing ship passed in front of it. Kind of like something you would see on a post card. We looked for sand dollars, but didn't find any. Found lots of other kind of treasures, though. A seal had washed up on one of the island and was flapping around on the rock.
We had lunch on the beach and just played in the sand all day, building castles and riding the waves and making memories. We buried poppa in the sand and then it was Seth's turn (pictures to come later). We took a change of clothes to change in the "bath house". The bath house was rather interesting as it was not like the ones you see at the water parks in Texas. I was rather shocked and wondered if I was in the USA. There was no roof at all, it had 3 sides and had stalls with curtians in front to change. What an experience changing out in the "open". For a few minutes I thought I was in a foreign country. Oh and they had "squatty Potties" well they were really low, and NO I did not try one as there were all kinds of bugs hovering on that side and there was no roof there either.
We had pizza for dinner at the base, the guys watched a movie and Angela and I went shopping......It has been a great day and tomorrow will be even better. We are going to Portland tomorrow to see more lighthouses and, yep, the MAINE MALL, which means more shopping...... I'm glad I brought an extra suitcase.
2 comments:
Wow, sounds like an amazing vacation. I'm glad you're having so much fun!
Enjoy! Just make sure you come back HOME!!! Miss you.
Post a Comment