Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'M BECOMING A MAINER (LOCAL)


The picture to the right is a bed and breakfast we passed on the way to "boothe bay harbor". It is just a sampling of the many type of homes that are around here. Now I've been in Maine for 72 hours and I am saying things like coffee "paught" (emphais on the paught, which is pronounced like lobsta), I almost bought crocks, which seems to be the shoe men and women wear here no matter if you have shorts or a dress on, oh and lets not forget the bobby socks.....QUAINT definetly is the word here and the main thing I have noticed is that there are no advertisment signs on the highways like you see in Texas, just gorgeous, big, beautiful pine and birch trees. Rt. 1 is just beautiful to drive on, not only are there trees, but every once and a while there will be homes. Not homes like you see in Texas, but older style homes.

Went shopping today with Angela. Found some great bargins. We shopped all day. Had lunch at a quaint little restuarant where you can sit outside. Did I mention the weather was a beautiful 75 degrees with a gentle breeze. You couldn't ask for better whether. When we got home, we fixed supper while the kids played outside with the guys. Just the way life is supposed to be.

Tomorrow we are off to the beach.....Yeah!!!! And then to a movie on base and while the guys take the kids to see Iron Man, yep, we are off to TJ Max.

1 comment:

beautiful chaos said...

I love your new sign!
We'll have to scrapbook it and put it up as your header!
Have fun!
Tell Angela We said HI!