Such a simple song, but the words are powerful.....Remember that when we go through tuff times in our life all we can do is trust in HIM and he takes care of us. I'm still learning to trust Him, I havn't arrived yet. Who would have thought there was more to trust him for besides Salvation. Call me nieve, but when I was saved a long time ago, no one ever told me that. I am grateful for the ones He has put in my life where I have seen them trusting God for EVERYTHING, and me realizing since then that it is a life long relationship of trusting and believing that He has my best interest at heart. Read the words and let them sink into your spirt.
‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word,
Just to rest upon His promise, just to know, “Thus saith the Lord.”
Chorus: Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more!
O how sweet to trust in Jesus, just to trust His cleansing blood,
Just in simple faith to plunge me ‘neath the healing, cleansing flood.
Yes, ‘tis sweet to trust in Jesus, just from sin and self to cease,
Just from Jesus simply taking life and rest and joy and peace.
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me, wilt be with me to the end.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, they are of good and not evil....
1 comment:
That is ONE of my very favorite songs - and I sing it so often; especially the part "Oh for grace to trust you more"!
Post a Comment