Friday, August 8, 2008

A MOMEMENT IN TIME

This afternoon I received a phone call from Angela who asked me to talk with Ethen about the Holy Spirit. You see, he has been asking questions since attending "vacation bible school" today was the last day and they talked about the Holy Spirit. I called him when I got home from lunch and shared with him the best way I could so he would understand....He is so tender right now and impressionable. He told his mom that he doesn't want to go to "children's church" because it is babyish, but wants to sit in big church with her, so she allows this and I am so glad that she does. He loves God and loves to watch movies about God.

I am sad right now because I wish with all my heart that I could be there face to face with him, talking to him about god, inputing in his life. It is so hard to do it on the phone. I wish that they lived here or closer to here so we can be more a part of their life. It is so hard with the two boys being so far. I don't think I am going to do well when the new baby arrives.

I am praying, Jesus, that you will move them both closer to here or move us closer to them. We want so much to be a part of their growing up years and help our kids raise their kids. Until then, I will try to be content in knowing that for right now the farness is your will for them and that someday we will all be together soon.

2 comments:

mari said...

It sounds like he's got an amazing family to bring him up to love the Lord!

marme said...

okay, i'll pray God moves them all closer to you! But that's all!