What a great evening I had. A few of the Chapter One girls came over just to hang with me.....We had choc. chip cookies and milk and just "fellowshiped". It reminded me of when John and I had a life group several years ago primarily made up of 20 somethings.....what fun we had sharing life, the word, and FOOD of course with them. I know you can't go back, but sometimes I wish I could. They were times in my life when the opportunity was there to disciple and share our hearts with young people who were and still are so hungry to see God move not only in their lives but the lives of those around them.
I remember the summer we took them on a "evangelistic tour" to different churches where they could get a taste of what it was like to minister.....They worshiped, preached, set up, tore down and never once did I hear them complain. Many of those young adults who sat in our dining room several years ago, are now serving the Lord in different places. How exciting.
Thanks girls for bringing back sweet memories and for the great time I had tonight. I enjoyed having you here and hope we can do it again soon and thank you Lord for the opportunity to be a part of their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment