
Today was Ethen's first day to enter the 3rd grade....He was so excited, but fearful at the same time. He called me at 7:30 this morning and asked me to pray for him. Later that morning Angela said that he was in tears on his way to school because he was afraid that they would walk him to class. He told his mom that kids his age don't have their parents walk them to class, and he didn't want to look like a baby :.( Angela understood this more than words could tell.....She convinced him that they would not walk him into the classroom and all was well.
I marvel at how big he is getting and how mature he is becoming. He is only 8 years old, innocent, but seems so grown up. He loves school and is excited about the challenges this year. I am so thankful that Angela allowed him to grow up a little today and walk to class on his own....even though I'm sure it pulled at her heart to want him to stay little and depend on her. Even though he was independent today, there will always be times when he will need to be dependent. She taught him a great truth, and I don't think she even realized it.

Then there is Seth.....it was a first for him also today. Momma homeschooled a little today. We are seeing more and more that he is the perfectionist. She gave him the letter A to trace, and when he started to trace it and messed up it wasn't "perfect" enough for him so he to do another one.....Yes with Seth everything has to be in proper order or it doesn't work.....I think we will need to start praying now for his school years......
....but I love both my grandsons and wouldn't trade their uniqueness for anything. How boring our family would be if they were made the same....they are true brothers that compliment each other....I wouldn't have it any other way. I wonder what our third granchild will be like....we will just have to wait and see......
No comments:
Post a Comment