Sunday, August 12, 2007

WEDDING THOUGHTS

Well he's married......sounds funny.......but he did it......it was a beautiful wedding. The weather was perfect.......wasn't hot, but sunny and a gentle breeze......enough to keep things cool, but not so much your hair was a disaster after you walked outside......It was a picture perfect night.......There were seven bridesmaids and seven groomsmen, all decked out in black and pinks and mauve tones........I don't think I've been to a wedding where I watched two people commit themselves to each other where you could see how much in love they were......She was a beautiful bride and he was a "very handsome" groom all decked out in his tux......Her dress was kind of a vintage style dress (I'll post pictures when I get them)

I'm sure you are all wondering if I cried during the ceremony????? Nope, not one tear.....kind of strange though......There were moments when I would think of him when he was little, but the tears did not come until the reception when he came and took my hand and escorted me on the dance floor and danced with me......(we used to do things like that in the kitchen when he was a teenager) even now when I think about it I get teary eyed......It was just me and him and we talked about things that only we would understand and laughed about things that only we would understand. There was no one else there at that "momement" in time, even though there were 250 people watching......Yes I treasured every word he said and treasured the few momements we had......then at the end of the song I had a surprise.....John came and danced with me......yes more tears because he said he would never do this......it was a special evening. (My friend took lots of pictures of this, will post when I get them)

I am still in New Mexico and will post when I get home the many pictures I took......I had a freind there who happens to live 45 minutes from where we were and he offered to sneak around and take some pictures of stuff they wouldn't not allow us to take, but he did it any way.....I will get those posted for you as soon as I get them.....I also got some souveniers for you of the bride and groom if you want them......

It was a stressful week, but a great ending.......talk to you all soon

4 comments:

marme said...

Ah, it sounds perfect! Just like I prayed it would be! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful moment to cherish. Sounds like it took your breath away! That's how it should be. Of course I want a souvenior!

beautiful chaos said...

OH! It sounds like it was beautiful! I had a selfish thought about my own son while I read this.
I don't want to share him.
Not with anyone. I guess God will have to start working on me now to be ready for HIS big day.
I am sure that your little boy will always have you close to his heart, You have been such a good momma to him!

JAC said...

Praise the Lord! I knew it would allllll be OK - because God was there with you and all of the family. Been missing you.

Meems said...

We are so happy for you guys. You raised him up in the way of the Lord. He will soar in grown up land, I am sure of it.