I have just spent the last few hours with some very special friends. We havn't seen them for several years so we spent time catching up. Our kids grew up together until they moved away to New Mexico to pastor a church then they moved to Ft. Worth where they now pastor. All of our children, well most of them are grown now. It was great to share pictures and see how big they have gotten. Cameron graduated and working, Phillip in 10th grade and speaking in a "deep" voice, and we were excited to hear that Bethany will be getting married May 5th. It seems like just yesterday I held her for her baby dedication and now she is getting married. And then lets not forget Katelyn who is 7 and still growing. I can't wait to see the treasure that unfolds there. Where has all the time gone. We will be taking a trip to Ft Worth soon. Good friends are hard to come by and it was just great to be with them. We just picked up where we left off like it was just yesterday we had been together. Thanks Lord for "forever friends" that love us no matter what. You have brought us through some rough times in raising our kids, but all to your glory. Your purpose is being accomplished in us.
I had to miss the last week of Esther, but I wouldn't have traded visiting with them for anything. Sometimes we just have to make the right choice. We have our plans and our schedules, but sometimes we just need to be flexible when God says change them.......
Speaking of Esther it has been a great study and I'm sad to see it end.....You never read of God in the book but He is definetly all over it. He has shown me that His hand is on my life even when I don't see or feel Him, that he is working all things together for my good, and that his purpose will be accomplished. Esther had the opportunity to be all God planned for her to be. His purpose was accomplished through her. Like Esther I can be all He has planned for me if I look for the opportunities he places before me and am obedient to His voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment