Monday, December 10, 2007

Greetings from the "Mitten State"


It is cold here and I absoulutely love it. It hasn't gotten over 32 degrees the whole time we have been here. We have been house hunting today.....I think this is going to take longer than I thought. There are absolutley TONS of houses to look at. I am being very picky though. I want a big house with a back yard.....they have big houses but NO YARD. If I don't find one this trip we will find one next trip, as it will be spring and I'm sure more on the market then. Our agent is absolutely a trip....We just love her.

We went to a church on Sunday morning.....it was in a strip mall in a store front. The church is called Rock Community Church, the church without walls. I noticed that John and I were overdressed....Almost everyone there had jeans on....The Pastor preached in a nice pair of pants and nice shirt....no tie or jacket and walked up to the podium with a cup of coffee in his hand. I might add that they have a cafe bar to the left of their sanctuary and that the sancturary is not any bigger than our fellowship hall. they have two services and are in a building program. The Pastor is 42 and has a 9 year old and married. he taught on the gifts of the spirit. The worship was good. However, John and I both looked at each other and said the same thing. It was like being in a Chapter one service only with 20 and 30 somethings. there wasn't very many people our age and and it seemed like it was a fairly new church plant, which is okay, but that would mean lots of work for us, which we are not afraid of, just not sure if that is where God wants us yet. I was very impressed at how we were greeted. We were greeted by at least 6 people before we even got to our seats and one of them was the Pastor. How awsome is that! I think we will probably visit a few others before we make our decision.

Marme I have some ideas that I stole. I think you will like them!

Tomorrow is Tuesday and we will be going around with the Real Estate Agent looking at the inside of the homes that John and I checked out today in the car. I will post again and let you know what we found. Love you all.

2 comments:

JAC said...

OK - so you love it.....YUK! Now I hope you find all the houses are yukky and no yards at all. Nah! I have to be real and truthful - I hope and PRAY that you will be happy, contented and know that you are in God's will (Not JAC's).

marme said...

and not marme's...