- I always put up the tree Thanksgiving weekend. Also decorate the house at the same time and make sure that every room has some Christmas in it......Outside lights also go out at this time.
- When Sam and Angela were little they had their very own tree decorated just for them. The tree got passed down to Ethen and decorated with ornaments just for him.
- The week before Christmas is when I do my baking......my favorite cookie to make just happens to be my Dad's favorite. It is a chocolate butter cookie with nuts....yummmmm
- On Christmas Eve, when I was growing up, we would have a fondu for the evening meal and then we were allowed to open one gift that mom would hand to us....When I got married we changed the tradition sort of, no fondu, but we do have Lasagne for supper and then snack all night on cookies, and watch Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol, but it has to be the one with George C. Scott.
- On Christmas Day, since it is Sam's birthday, every year for the last 25 years we watch White Christmas.....this is because when I was in labor it was the only thing on in the military hospital and that is what we watched. For lunch we have left overs and snack somemore........
- This last year I started a new tradition. I bought an ornament for my daughter and my daughter-in-love. I told them both that each year they will recieve a special ornament just from me.......
- We always go out for breakfast on Christmas day after we open presents......The kids really looked forward to this and so we just kept it up.
- On Christmas morning when I was growing up we opened the rest of our presents one at a time.....My dad would play Santa. Not all of our gifts were wrapped. Santa always came and left stuff under the tree. When I got married we still did the same thing no wrapping some stuff and just putting it under the Tree. The surprises on their face were just priceless. We would open the rest of our presents one at a time and then get ready to go out and eat breakfast. One thing we did different is we would take turns who played Santa each year. Usually we would let Sam do it because it was his birthday.....and we couldn't remember from year to year who played last.
- My favorite thing was to see all the wrapping paper on the floor and everyone having a good time.
These are just a few that I can remember for now.....I'm sure there are more. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. It's the time the child comes out in me........it is the time when familys spend time with one another, just being with each other......it is a special time.
3 comments:
What is White Christmas about because I remember a movie we always watched but we lost the video??? This movie was about a truck driver and two feuding brother??? Anyone???
White Christmas is about these two soldiers who retire from the army and open a bed and breakfast in Connecticut. Of course there is romance and singing......You'll have to rent it to see what I am talking about. I highly recommend it......
i love white christmas too. the girls have been watching for about two years now. they love all the dancing. i love the songs. especially sisters, sisters.
Post a Comment