- I remember when I got married, to the most wonderful man I might add, not only did I have to adjust to being "one flesh" but had to do that in a strange land. We moved right away to San Angelo TX and then to Maryland....all in the first year we were married. Lots of adjusments., as we moved from there to the Phillipines and then to Nebraska and then back to San Angelo...The constant moving every 3-4 years caused me to have to learn to trust in God
- Then there was the birth of our first child.....How exciting it was. To look into her eyes and count all her toes and fingers and just love her for who she is.....she is the best thing that has ever happened to us.....Then there was the birth of our second child......another crossroad as I had to learn how to love two children instead of just one.....It wasn't hard though, as I think God enlarges our heart each time.....
- I remember the time when John got orders to go to Korea for a year, unaccompanied. That was a difficult time for us, but also another growing time. I was mom and dad at the same time to a 2 year old and a 7 year old. Everything I was involved in came to a hault as they became my main focus. I learned what it was like to be a single parent and would not want to ever have to do it again. I wouldn't of made it without the Lord. I got over many fears that year and learned to rely and "trust on God" more.
- Then there were the crossroads of watching our children grow. Taking them to school and hoping that they would be alright without mom to control their day. Trusting in God to take care of them as they became teenagers......and hoping they would pursue the destiny he had for them.
- One road, (though there are many), was when we found out we would be grandparents for the first time. Excited but sadend at the same time. Hoping and praying I would say the right words and wanting so desperately to help my daughter......God helped us through that rough time (crossroad) I learned a lot about myself and about trusting God. I wouldn't have traded that time for anything. It was a valley and a hard one to walk, but I know I didn't walk it alone. And neither did she......We are so much closer now than before and what a blessing our Ethen is. He has brought so much joy into all of our lives.....Oh and lets not forget about Seth......We couldn't imagine life with out these two precious ones....For they are a part of us and will continue the cycle of life......
- Perhaps the hardest and most recent one was when Sam went off to California to pursue his destiny..............I think that was the hardest. All my fears came crashing in....can he live there without "me" It is such a big place......We don't know anyone there. Who will help him when he gets into trouble? another road to cross. God so sweetly reminds me that He is everywhere and will take care of him.....and that He did. Another trust lesson. Then he got married.....Another crossroad for me as I had to find how I fit into this plan of being a "mother-in-law" It wasn't so hard when Angela got married, but it sure is hard the second time around.....Even though I love her dearly and believe she was a blessing sent from God to our son and to our family it still is hard at times. Maybe it is because they live so far away. It is so hard to have both children gone and living so far away..... I miss them.....I miss our talks and the times they lived at home.....but I know that they are both doing what God has called them to do and I am proud of all of them.
- This brings me to the "new chapter" in my life.......Another chapter on trusting God. In March of 2008 we will be moving to a new location.......John is being transferred to Michigan. Right smack dab in the middle of the great lakes. I know it will be cold, but that is okay. don't mind the cold. It will be an adventure, not sure I like adventures......I like to be comfortable if you know what I mean. I definitely don't want to leave my friends...(another trust lesson) but I know that God will have good things in store for us. His plans for us are of good and not evil.....We have lived in San Angelo for some 20 years and of that 20 have been at SAFA for 2 years. God brought us there not only to grow us but to heal us. We have experienced such tremondous healing and acceptance, not for what we can do, but for who we are. We have eperienced a part of God that we wouldn't have expereinced anywhere else. He is real in our lives and I can see his hand in everything in our life. I am so thankful for the precious friends (you know who you are) that He so carefully placed in our lives for they are instruments of His hand in our lives. You will hold a special place in my heart and those that come after you I am sure will have a hard time measuring up.
I think it is good once and a while to ponder on the past and take a look at what God has done. I have learned so much in the past 20 years, more so in the past 2 years. God is so good and He never does anything that would cause us harm......I am choosing to think upon this move as a "new chapter" in my life and am trusting God to grow me some more and carefully place new people in my life to accomplish that purpose.
7 comments:
I loved reading this! God truly is faithful and will continue to be.
It is such a wonder to read about your life and all the adventures and crosswroads you have come to and through. Thanks for sharing. I will miss you terribly, my friend, but I'm confident in the leading and directing of the Lord. He knows the plans He has for you...plans for your future, plans for a new adventure.
Cross...
I love you!
I remember that you were the first to give an invitation to join SAFA ladies in our recent retreat. You will never know how much of a blessing you have been to me. We may not know each other well here, but there will come a time....
I have never been anywhere since I met the Lord where I have not found brothers and sisters. I am so glad to be able to call you sister. God's blessings on you as you take this new road. Jan
We will miss you soooo much!!! Moving can be so hard, but we know God has a plan for all of us. I will pray Gods blessings on both of you.
Love U
"Jesus, Jesus,how I trust you; how I've proved you over and over. Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus. Oh for grace, to trust you more!"
I'm going to have eyes that leak when you leave, but I'm trusting God to lead and guide you every step of the way. Love you!
You are a blessed women. I loved reading about your many adventures. Why is everyone moving? So sad.
I hope this next adventure is your best yet.
tears... as I read this blog. It is an encouragement knowing that even though you go through different crossroads and changes in your life, the Lord is always there.
Post a Comment