A few mornings ago I was getting ready for work. Doing the usual. Fixing hair, putting on makeup. I heard the sound of birds singing in the back yard. Not an unusal sound as they do it every morning. But this time I had my Retreat Worship CD playing. I was enjoying being in the presence of the Lord while getting ready for the day, when I noticed the birds stopped singing for a split second. I thought about this and came to the conclusion that the sun must have been coming up and they noticed the beauty of it all.
I am reminded of the scripture that talks about silence in heaven. I wonder if it will be because we are just so awestruck at the "beauty of His presence" that we just can't speak and all we want to do is Gaze into his eyes as he gazes upon us. There is a song on the Worship Whisper CD that talks about us "stealing his heart with just one look in my eyes" (I think that is how it goes, it's late, can't remember)......At any rate, everytime I hear the song, which lately is quite often, I want to steal his heart. To be captured by his presence. Can't you just see him gazing upon us, loving us and longing for us to be closer than ever. I want to know Him. Everything there is to know. I want to always be filled with His presence and I want His desires to be my desires. I want others to know the joy of being in His presence and the peace that comes from knowing that He loves us no matter what.
All and all it has been a good week and I pray that what He has written upon my heart this last weekend will have a lasting effect for eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment