Saturday, July 28, 2007

JOYS OF BEING A NANNA


I will have to say that these two little ones make being a grandparent so much fun.....We recently were blessed and the Lord allowed us to have Ethen, the oldest, for a whole month......It was so much fun......just to relax and play games and do the things i never did with my kids when they were little. I think we played games every night and stayed up late and ate lots of snacks and watched lots of movies and made LOTS OF MEMORIES. It was hard when he left. We both cried, but took comfort in knowing that in 3 weeks we would be together again.
Why is it that we wait until we have grandkids to do this......It seems like when our kids are growing up we are to rushed to spend time with them and make memories......maybe that is why "LIFE IS GRAND" when you have grandkids, you don't feel rushed and you just know that spending time with them is the most important thing in your life.....it's like God gives us a second chance.....Thank you Lord for that second chance......It was such a blessing to have him with us for as long as we did and look forward to the next time he can be with us.......They will be moving to Maine......Yeah Maine.....Could they get any farther away.....that is almost to Canada.......So now we have one the West coast and one on the East coast......I think we will stay put because this is middle ground.......
And to all of you moms out there......spend lots of time with your kids.....they grow so fast....All of the cleaning and cooking and stuff can wait. It will be there later, trust me.....but your children grow up so fast, sometimes to fast......So make lots of memories while they are still with you, you will be glad you did.....
At any rate, I love being a Nanna and wouldn't trade it for anything.........

4 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

Maine? Goodness!
I am so very glad you got to spend some quality time with Ethan.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your reminder to leave the dishes and just be with my kids! I could hear it everyday and never get tired of hearing it - also I would never lose the NEED to hear it...
I must be the world's most tunnel-visioned mom when it comes to completing a task - I just have to remember that my task is not to vacuum - it's to raise my children
Anyway, thanks for saying just what I needed to hear.
I'll probably need you to repost this nest Tuesday!

JAC said...

A great picture. Take time for EVERYTHING - take time to really smell the roses because they are such a wonderful fragrance. Life is so beautiful - take time to look all around you. Sometimes people make you want to gag but the world is big, wonderful and beautiful. Just goofin about the people - I love people watching!

kdp said...

you are so right. our children deserve alot more time than we give them.

welcome to the club. we have been on vacation, or i would have welcomed you earlier. it is a wonderful sisterhood full of uplifting encouraging friends.

team D said...

I try to remember that kids are fun and that you need to treasure the time that you have with them. Sometimes I forget that and just want the peace and quiet. Next thing I know I will have the peace and quiet and will miss the noise. Is that not like me to want something else and then when I get it to want something I already had!?!?!??! So totally confuse am I (and i know that is not proper english it was on purpose)!!!