Tuesday, May 20, 2008

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!!

It's been a while since I posted last. We have been busy. Not only with moving, but we didn't have internet or cable for a while. We finally closed on the house on Friday. Words cannot describe how I feel. I am so happy to be out of the small space and into a LARGE PLACE. It was exciting opening all my boxes and finding all my plates and cups and "teapots" and pretty things. It was like Christmas. The house feels like a home now. I did manage to get rid of some stuff while unpacking. Living in a small space for so long I learned to do with out some stuff. I mean really how much tupperware does one need.

The neatest thing about the house so far is our bedroom window faces the east....how exciting is that. I wake up every morning to the sun rising over the rooftops. Not as good as the mountains, but it will do. I love to watch the sunrise. I eat breakfast on my back porch and enjoy the morning and the quite. There is nothing like it.....Did I say I absolutlely love it. My new furniture should arrive in a few weeks. So when you come to visit you will have a place to sit.

I had a job interview Monday in a MD office. Sounds really good, however, I'm really uncomfortable with the hours. 8:30-6:00. This is because of the times he sees patients. He only sees them from 9:00-12:00 and then from 1:30-6:00. So there is an hour and half for lunch. I don't think I want to work such long days 5 days a week. He asked me to come back for a second interview, which he called a "working" interview. I'm leaning toward not going because I really don't think 9 hour days fits with my lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind working from 8-5 but not 8:30-6:00.

I read Pastor's outline on "Personality Plus" today. I have always had problems with this as at times I don't think I know myself very well and always try to answer the way I think people want me to answer. I will admit I had to look up some of the words as I never heard them before. But this was interesting. If I did this correctly, my personality is a Perfect Melancholy-Choloric, these are the ones who desire to have perfection and like to have control. Could this mean that I am stubborn and strong-willed? Gee go figure, does this sound like "me." Feel free to comment. I welcome your thoughts on this. Oh and if you haven't done one in a while, it might not be a bad thing to try.

2 comments:

JAC said...

So happy for you being in your new beautiful home.

ree said...

YEA for new houses!!! I'm so happy for you and John!!!

Are you able to send me a copy of that personality thing? I'd like to read that.