Monday, November 23, 2009

TEN YEARS AGO TODAY



It was 10 years ago today that you made us grandparents for the first time....but I can remember it like it was yesterday. I can remember standing at the viewing window looking at you and wondering what God had in store for you and us....Over the last 10 years you have warmed our hearts with the things that you have said and done. I think about the times you played hide and seek and hid in the cabinet so we wouldn't find you, the times we baked cookies and ate them in the closet so mommy wouldn't find out, the times I would drop you off at day care and you would scream because you didn't want us to leave you. The many times you would kick and cry because you couldn't stay with us and the times that when we would bring you home you would fall asleep on my lap while pappa drove. I can remember the times I rocked you to sleep at night and you would have paciey in mouth and a pillow for your head AND your feet....We called you the little prince...and that you were. Pappa and I spoiled you like no other could and we love you so much. So many memories of you are locked away in our hearts. Your are sensitive and smart and a blessing to all those around you. We are so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. You are a joy and a treasure to watch grow and some day you will be the heart doctor you want to be. Stay close to Jesus, Ethen. Always listen for His voice and His plan for your life. He created you with a very special purpose that only you can fulfill. Happy 10th birthday to the sweetest grandson we could ask for. We love you

No comments: